Ventolin Ireland (generic name: Albuterol Inhalation) represents a bronchodilator, which main action is to relax muscles located in the airways and also increase air flow into the lungs. Ventolin Ireland is taken to prevent or treat bronchospasm among people suffering from reversible obstructive airway disease. Ventolin can also be used as a prevention from exercise-induced bronchospasm.
It is very important to keep Ventolin in reach at all times. Ensure your prescription is refilled prior you completely run out of medication. You can continue taking all other medications as per prescription by your doctor.
You should abstain from using Ventolin Ireland if you have allergic reactions to Albuterol. To ensure you can safely take Ventolin, inform your doctor if you suffer from any of the conditions listed below:
- A heart rhythm disorder;
- Heart disease, congestive heart failure, high blood pressure;
- A seizure disorder (e.g. epilepsy);
- Overactive Thyroid.
Ventolin Ireland has FDA pregnancy category C. However, it is not clear whether Ventolin can harm an unborn baby. So, it is of high importance to inform your doctor if you are already pregnant or have got a plan to become pregnant during Ventolin treatment period. It is not confirmed whether Albuterol can pass into breast milk or whether it may harm a nursing baby. Likewise, you should avoid breastfeeding while taking Albuterol. Keep Ventolin HFA inhaler away from children younger than 4 years old.
Dosage and application of Ventolin Ireland varies depending on the type of sickness, age of patients as well as the severity. The full list of applications and dosages can be confirmed with your pharmacist.
- Normal adult dose for acute Asthma treatment:
- Intravenous infusion solution:
- -Dilute 5 mL of medication (1000 mcg/mL) in 500 mL of Sodium Chloride and Dextrose, or Sodium Chloride Injection.
- Infusion rates can start from 5 mcg/min with subsequent increase up to 10 mcg/min as well as 20 mcg/min with 15 – 30-minute intervals, if required.
- Nebulizer inhalation solution:
- -2.5 mg of the medication to be taken 3 – 4 times a day by nebulization, with approximate duration of 5 – 15 mins.
This treatment type is used for: treatment of status asthmaticus; relief from severe bronchospasm, which is associated with acute exacerbations caused by Chronic Bronchitis and Bronchial Asthma, as well as acute Bronchospasm attack.
- Normal paediatric dose for acute Asthma treatment:
- Capsules and inhalation powder:
- Less than 4 years old: Not indicated
- 4 years or older:
- Inhalation powder: 1 – 2 inhalations (90 or 180 mcg) to be taken orally every 4 – 6 hours;
- Inhalation capsules: 1 inhalation (200 mcg) to be taken orally every 4 – 6 hours. The overall daily dose should not be more than 4 inhalations (equivalent of 800 mcg).
- Nebulizer inhalation solution:
- Less than 2 years old: Not indicated
- 2 – 12 years old:
- Less than 15 kg of weight: 0.1 – 0.15 mg/kg/dose by nebulization. The proper volume of the 0.5% inhalation solution is to be diluted in a sterile normal saline solution up to a total of 3 mL before administration. Dosage should not be more than 2.5 mg of medication 3 – 4 times per day;
- 15 kg or more: 2.5 mg of medication 3 – 4 times per day by nebulization, during approximately 5 – 15 minutes. The 0.5% inhalation solution is to be diluted with 2.5 mL of sterile normal saline solution;
- 13 years or older: Inhalation solution 0.5% (5 mg/mL): 2.5 mg of medication (0.5 mL to be diluted with 2.5 mL of sterile saline solution) 3 – 4 times per day by nebulization, during approximately 5 – 15 minutes.
This type of treatment is used for: relief from bronchospasm among patients suffering from reversible obstructive airway disease as well as acute bronchospasm attacks.
- Check the IV infusion for particulate matter, clarity, discoloration, precipitate and leakage before administration;
- Never inject the undiluted IV infusion. Do not administer Ventolin Ireland in the same infusion together with other medicines;
- If the infusion solution is not used within 24 hours after preparation, make sure you discard it.
Get an instant emergency help if you experience any of the allergic reaction signs related to Ventolin Ireland:
- Difficulties with breathing;
- Swollen face, throat, tongue or lips.
Contact your doctor right away if you start having any of serious side effect listed below:
- Pain in the chest and pounding, fast or uneven heartbeats;
- Bronchospasm (i.e. chest tightness, wheezing, trouble breathing), especially right after having a new canister of this Ventolin Ireland;
- Low potassium level (i.e. uneven heart rate, confusion, increased urination, abnormal thirst, muscle weakness, leg discomfort);
- Nervousness or tremor;
- Dangerously high blood pressure (i.e. blurred vision, severe headache, anxiety, buzzing in ears, chest pain, confusion, shortness of breath, seizures, uneven heartbeats).
The list of less serious side effects caused by Ventolin include the following:
- Problems with sleep (i.e. insomnia);
- Dizziness, headache;
- Vomiting, mild nausea;
- Hoarseness, cough, stuffy or runny nose, sore throat;
- Muscle pain;
- Dry throat and mouth;